Monday, August 31, 2009

[002] asked again and again...and the big eis between both side


Where shall I start to ask?
I feel, inside me there is two levels of questions right now.
One level is the "reality" level, how it works, what he has to do, etc.
Facts, realities.

The other level is more "feeling" level.

So I started to ask simply,
I also told him, I would like to ask him very simple, basic, naive questions like a child.
Maybe, it will sound very stupid.

He said (wrote) to me,
"don't worry. feel free. ask whatever you like.".

So called "beginner mind" is very powerful.
Often we feel ashamed that we have some basic questions.
"Am I the only one person in this room, who is asking such a basic question?
Am I the only one stupid beginner and can not follow the conversation?"

But if we ask, the basic questions,
often we get an answer and I feel that the topic becomes more clear.

I often say in my workshop

"please, ask if you are not clear,
your question will make the think much clear and understandable
and this is good for all of us.
Not only YOU are willing to ask,
I am sure, there is more people who are not clear in this room
and can not ask.
What you feel, is not just you.
There is others , maybe not so strong but feels a little part of the same thing."

In Process Work, I learned the concept of
"roles in the field".

What you feel strongly inside you,
it is a big part of you,
but maybe it is not only you....

I encourage with this concept myself ;-)
and started to ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Daya: how could you join and come out of your country?

Argh:
its really hard thing first i cant go to Israel without a permit
which is impossible to have it
without any reason like going to hospital or you are a business man
and they ask for a lot of paper

but because it was an international event and the coordinator of that WW (=World Work seminar) is really working hard
he did grant some of us permits and other the aint lucky the refuse them without saying why even

so that's the first part
and after i get the permit the trip has begin
bon voyage

i have to travel from Qalqilia to raamalah with many checkpoint in the way

and every one have to stop us
and check us again and again
every time and ask to where you going to
and for what
and if the mean soldiers the will try to make as longer as the can
by asking question out the subject like what you study,
what you doing for living,
where did you born,
why you did come back
and a lot of that and more


How was it for you to talk about the conflict between Israel and Palestine with Israeli people?

Argh:
to be honest

i was in the beginning a aware of what i am gone do

but when i did arrive there and start to look around me
and saw the eyes looking towards me
i felt like i have to do something for both of us

so all what i was thinking about is to break the ice between us
and then will See what happen from there
and i have to trust in the process or it will not work for us

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am so happy that we started this project.
To read your words, Argh is so real and also very simple that also I can understand.

Here are information and sharing what I can not read in books.
Thank you so much for sharing.

What was MY first trip to Israel and be there?

It was 3 years ago, so 2007?

I remember, there was really no useful information about Israel.
The Japanese Foreign Ministry wrote,
that is too dangerous to go there so I should think one time more if I want really go there.

Also my friends and my parents was against my travel.

I also remember, that I was shocked the plane ticket was so expensive.
There was not a good connection to Israel, I had to go first to Europe and than fly a little bit "back"
to the east direction....

I also had problem to get information because of my little tendency of dyslexia (problem with reading),
so I gave up to prepare and just let it come, wondering how much I can follow the process...

I criticized myself for this unknown part,
"you should know what is going on there,
specially there is something terrible happening,
it is a shame not to know about it!"

But at the end, it was good so.

I could feel the atmosphere and I was really plain.

No idea, means, no stereotype.

Yes, I remember the first moment the air was so strain with the tension.

Not so much reaction...

Just, that we were togheter, that people came to meet and talk,
that the interest was there was already amazing.

I did not know, that Argh had so long way to come.
So many questions.

Yes, I had it too.
To be asked so many questions
at the air port from Israel.

They asked me too, where I know my friends,
what kind of seminar is,
why I am here,
etc.

It sounds not so much welcoming,
was my impression and also I felt the protection from this country.

But it was just one time.
And the atmosphere at the air port
and at the checkpoint are also different.
I know it now, after visiting you.

Argh, you are living next to Israel and inside your own country,
why you have to be checked so much?

Where is the freedom to move around, travel around whereever you want?

Who's property is the planet Earth?

I really want know
how is that situtaion able to happen?

It is not logical,
I can not understand.

Like my son,
who visited with me this summer my friends
in Israel and in Palestine.

He loved the people there and become friends.
Like me, and could not understand
why the Israeli are putting sand on the street in Qualqilia
that the people can not go simply to the next village.

He could not understand,
why the Israeli friends can not visit Argh.

And I could not explain it.

Another Israeli friend told me next day
"it's true, it is not logical.
This situation is impossible to explain."

In one level I know people in both side want to have peace and freedom.
In another level, the reality of the Palestine are too injustice.

The conflict has so many layers and levels,
it is too difficult to say something about this.

So what I can is more to listen and to ask and get to know moe about it...




No comments:

Post a Comment