Friday, September 18, 2009

[004]education and religion...


time is flowing.
the Tokyo time is very fast and lots of stress.
I miss the slow time flow and the space inside me what I felt in my journey in August.
and even I am living in a busy fast city,
sometimes I remember that moment,
and connect myself with the spot and space.
than, I can be in that moment.

so, often I remember you, Argh and the moment with your family.
I remember you,
my friends in Israel, the nice funny lovely time what we had. I also remember Switzerland and Portland.

I know, I can connect with you all in my soul.
and still, I miss you all so much.
Japan is far away from you.
Japan is an another world.

It took time, till I got the next answer from Argh.
But I remembered the life there and the trust to him, I just wait. I was just worry about him, is something happening there or to him?

But, no, it was everything OK.
He just changed his working time and than, it was difficult to find time to write me back.

Thank you Argh for the answer to my basic questions.

I know, how it is to be asked basic "normal" thing.
People are asking to me about Japan, about Switzerland.
So basic things, sometimes too basic, that I also do not know the answer.
(OH please, do not ask me the population and the other numbers from both countries!!)

---------------------------------------------------

Daya: Can you tell me a bit about the education system and the situation of it in Palestine?
I saw in your profile, you went to a University?

Argh:

Yes I did and you can till that we are not in a great conditions in school's specially with the amount of population

we have here like in every class between 35 to 45 student

and in some school we have them like 50 to 55 student in the class

which not an easy way to handle them from the teachers

and he will never have the time for all of these student

and the education system here is like that elementary school its start from first class till sixth class

which is from age 6 years till 12

and then secondary school it start from the 7th grade till the 9th grade

and then high school from grade 10th till the 12th grade which is the last year

and the student get prepare to do the final exams which we call it here (TAWJIHI)

which is like the SAT

and after the pass it the start to apply for the universities and collages

they wont to complete there study on it to have the diploma or B.A or M.A or what ever the wont to do.


Daya:Is there some / many University in
Palestine and are there many people going?

Argh:

will yes we do have around six universities in the west bank and another in Gaza there are more or less the same there too

and you can say the are around 50% to 35% of high school graduate they go to the university to continue there undergraduate degree

and almost 35% of them the continue there post graduate studied special

it cost a lot here compare to the person income its hard to do and the family needs


Daya:

I know you, and now I met your brothers and sisters. But it seems you are a little different than the other? Are they also going to school/ University? Are they also interested to study abroad?

Argh:

I don’t know but I don’t think the are interested to study abroad

but yes we consider as an educated family

we all did go to the university and the will start to graduate soon


Daya:

I know now there are in Israel many other people than Jews... Israeli Arabs, who are Christian and who are Muslim, bed wins they are also Muslim?

And in Palestine, is there all people Muslim or is there also few with another religion?

Argh:

No in Palestine we have Muslim's ,Christine's and Druze's which the are living in Nablus

And the Majority of the Christine are in Bethlehem and almost in every city of Palestine

Except in Qalqilia

Daya:
I think, about religion we did not talked so much in the seminar. Maybe too big edge....

Will I don’t know it’s a big edge or no one was interested to open the subject

I saw you, you are not praying 5 times a day or was it just because we were there?

Argh:

No I am not really practicing but I did while you with me but you was away from me and I am not so following the rules

So usually we have to pray 5 times a day and you can know more about Islam

In this link http://english.islamway.com/

---------------------------------------------------
I checked the link and it was very easy, with Q&A.
For my , personally, I could not keep reading to it because there was no relationship between this information,
also the English letters was too much for me.
But for the people who has no problem to read English,
it looks very nice and very basic!

The time is flowing and the next world work seminar will be in November. I always do not know if I can join or not, until very close to the dates. But it is similar to their culture.
Argh told me too, he will starting to think about to join to something just 3 days before. 3 days!!!

But that's their life, that's their situation.
We do not know what will happen in next days.
The plan is often canceled because of the checkpoint is closed suddenly.
We have to be flexible, we have to life moment by moment.

I learned, to let it be, unclear and not fixed for a while.
My Swiss part, is getting crazy for it.
My Japanese part too.
But to learn how to life flexible gave me more space for something unknown in my daily life's happenings.



No comments:

Post a Comment